I know I’m in love with butter and I really like peanuts, so what’s not to love about peanut butter? I love it for breakfast I love it for lunch and I definitely love it for dinner if it’s in the form of this peanut sauce I recently made to serve over noodles. The sauce doesn’t require cooking and everything can be finished in the time it takes to boil the noodles! My husband is a little more protein happy than I am so I’ve included a generous serving of shredded chicken on top to make sure all factions were satisfied but if you don’t do meat, skip the chicken and the dish is still scrumptious.
Noodles with Peanut Sauce, Scallions and Chicken
- 1 package Brown Rice Spaghetti (Or pick another rice noodle you like!)
- 1 bunch Scallions, chopped
- 1 cup pre-cooked chicken, shredded (a great use of leftovers!)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Tsp toasted Sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 5 Tsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tsp Chili sauce (siracha)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tsp Toasted Sesame oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles
- While the noodles are cooking Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. You can heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to stir. If the sauce looks too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
- Drain the noodles but don’t shake off excess hot water and toss in the peanut sauce until all the noodles are coated.
- Serve topped with very generous portions of: scallions, chicken, peanuts, cilantro and sesame seeds.