A quick and easy weeknight dinner that is perfect for a warm summer night when paired with a crisp green salad. The whole thing can be done in about 20 minutes.
- 8 oz. Orzo Pasta (you could easily sub and small pasta you prefer here)
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (optional)
- 1 cup diced english cucumber
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp halved kalamata olives
- Preheat the broiler and bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Add the pasta to the water and cook till al dente – drain, rinse, stir in a few drops of olive oil and cool
- Toss the shrimp on a baking sheet with 1 Tbsp olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and broil, turning once until opaque and just cooked through. (about 3 minutes)
- Coarsely chop the shrimp and toss into a bowl with the pasta, lemon zest, lemon juice, scallions, mint, dill, cucumber, feta olives and remaining olive oil. Check for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Bring up to room temperature before serving.